The Safety Office assists departments in identifying hazardous working conditions, develops strategies to eliminate or mitigate the identified hazard and provides department’s accident injury and illness statistics, so that they can analyze and identify accident trends, sources, and factors that contribute to occupational injuries and illnesses. Statewide safety training programs listed are provided virtually via Microsoft Teams. Others, such as workplace violence, ergonomics, bloodborne pathogens, and general safety training programs may be found on Learning and Development’s page for On Demand Courses to meet bargaining unit and department safety training requirements. The Safety Office administers the random selection drug and alcohol testing programs to ensure compliance with bargaining unit contracts or agreements. Temporary hazard pay and accidental injury leave provisions are also administered by this office. Disaster Preparedness and response actions are coordinated by this office for the department.
DHRD Safety Training Schedule
Drug and Alcohol Testing
Registration of live courses will be managed through Adobe Captivate Prime and will be conducted through Microsoft Teams.
|Enrollment assistance for employees who only have Adobe Connect accessibility||Ms. Lily Chu|
|Questions related to logging into or accessing Adobe Captivate Prime or Adobe Connect||DHRD – Training Branch|
- First Aider Guidelines and First Aid Kit Minimum Requirements
- Hazard Assessment Form-General
- Prescription Safety Glasses Policy
- HRD Form 412 Time off for Treatment of Industrial Injury
- HRD Form 413 Travel Expenses for Industrial Injury
- HRD Form 414 Supervisor’s Accident Investigation Form and Instructions (SAR)
- HRD Form 414a Supervisor’s Accident Investigation- Witness Statement
- For Safety Shoe Guidelines and Forms, please go to Safety Shoes.
Drug & Alcohol Testing Vendors
Diagnostic Laboratory Services, Inc.
99-589 Iwaiwa St, Aiea, HI 96701
PHONE: 808-589-5260 FAX: 808-589-5264
Medical Review Officer (MRO) Services
STRAUB Doctors on Call- Sheraton Waikiki
2255 Kalakaua Ave. Manor Wing #1
Honolulu, HI 96815
PHONE: 808-971-6000 FAX: 808-971-6005
- SPO Price List Contract No. 21-04 Change No. 4
Drug & Alcohol Testing Rules
US DOT 49 CFR Part 40: Procedures for Transportation Workplace Drug and Alcohol Testing Programs