EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE OFFICE
The Employee Assistance Office – Benefits Section develops and administers low-cost, no-cost benefit programs for employees of the State Executive Branch. Departments needing further information on the programs listed below may contact the Benefits Section at 587-1050.
Deferred Compensation Plans
- Island $avings Deferred Compensation Plan – A voluntary retirement savings plan that allows participants to contribute a designated amount of their earnings through pre-tax payroll deductions.
- PTS Deferred Compensation Retirement Plan – A mandatory, alternative retirement plan for Part-Time, Temporary, Seasonal/Casual employees who are not eligible to participate in the State’s Employees’ Retirement System. Under this plan, employees contribute 7.5% of their wages towards their PTS retirement savings account on a pre-tax basis, in lieu of the social security contribution.
- Premium Conversion Plan – A voluntary plan under which employees can have their health plan premium amounts deducted from their paychecks on a pre-tax basis.
- Island Flex Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) Plan – A voluntary program that allows employees to pay eligible out-of-pocket health care and dependent care expenses through pre-tax payroll deductions.
- FSA Additional Free Services – The Island Flex third party administrator has agreed to provide interested employees with ERS Retirement Projections, Retirement Needs Analysis, and Paycheck Calculations, upon request.
Employee Assistance Program
- Resource for Employee Assistance and Counseling Help (REACH) – An employee assistance program that provides free, confidential, short-term professional counseling services to employees seeking assistance and resolution to their personal problems.
Incentive & Service Awards Program
- Annual Governor’s Awards Ceremony
- Employee, Manager, and Team of the Year Policies
- Service and Retirement Awards
Qualified Transportation Fringe Benefit Plans
- Flex Park (Pre-Tax Employee Parking Deductions) – A voluntary plan under which employees can pay their DAGS parking fees on a pre-tax basis.
- Pre-Tax Transportation Benefit (Pilot) Program (Oahu) – A voluntary plan under which employees can pay for their bus passes, Handi-Van fare coupons and Vanpool Hawaii seat fees on a pre-tax basis.