Position Description Template
Instructions to enter data into the Position Description Form
Save the Position Description Template to your computer or on a disk before you enter information on the form.
- Only the grayed areas are accessible to enter data. Use outline format in writing your position description.
- Navigating key strokes –
- To move from one field to the next, use the tab key.
- To indent, use your Ctrl + Tab keys.
- To go back to the previous field, use the Shift + tab keys.
- Major Duties and Responsibilities –
- To indent, press the Ctrl + Tab keys. Tab to enter your percentage, and Shift Tab to return to previous field OR click in desired gray field. If subcategories are needed, which would be identified by “1.”, ”a”, etc., and press Ctrl + Tab for each item.
- When tabbing to enter the percentage for the consecutive tasks (B,C, etc.), the cursor will revert back to the previous percentage. When this happens, hit the “end” key and press the enter key until the cursor matches up to the task for which you are entering the percentage.